As many of you have probably noticed, Amazon’s Seller Central advertising portal received a brand new “interface-lift”; one that’s a little bit more aesthetically pleasing and visually stimulating.
While the overall reporting capabilities aren’t necessarily new, the graph views (that you can toggle on and off) at the account, campaign, and ad group levels are new. This nifty feature is great for sellers to be able to get a quick look at performance in a visual and customizable way.
The new interface also provides an easy way to grab screenshots of performance, showing trends to present to key stakeholders such as managers, executives and clients. Seeing this new useful tool got us thinking about all the reporting capabilities that Amazon Seller Central has to offer and which reports are best suited for specific data pulls.
Here are the reports we use most often in our day-to-day Amazon Ads optimization activities:
- Available for both Sponsored Products and Headline Search Ads. This downloadable report provides insights into sales and performance metrics for keywords in all campaigns that received at least one impression.
- You can use the Keyword report to see how well your keywords are performing over time, to help inform bid adjustments, and to expand the keyword target list when necessary.
Advertised Product report
- Available with Sponsored Products only. Provides insights into sales and performance metrics for advertised ASINs in all campaigns that received at least one impression.
- You can use this report to see how your ads are performing over time and help determine strategy changes for future campaigns.
Purchased Product report
- Available with Sponsored Products only. Advertisers can use this downloadable report to view details on the other ASINs purchased after a customer clicked on their ad. This report can help find new advertising opportunities and get insight into what shoppers are buying.
- Most often customers purchase the same ASIN that was advertised but sometimes a customer may purchase non-advertised ASINs. This report provides visibility into the actual ASIN that was purchased after an ad was clicked and insights into new advertising opportunities. Note that the Purchased Product and Search Term reports offer a custom date range of the last 60 days.
Search term report
- Available with Sponsored Products only. This report provides visibility into the actual search terms entered by customers searching on Amazon.com and resulting in at least one click.
- You can use this report to identify high performing customer searches that can help increase campaign performance, and to create negative keywords for search terms not meeting your goals.
- *Note that the Purchased Product Search terms report offers a custom date range of the last 60 days.
- Available with Sponsored Products only. This report provides visibility into the performance of a campaign on TOP of search compared to all other placements.
- You can use this report to get insights into their performance across different placement types, and identify Sponsored Products campaigns that could benefit from Bid+.
The following screenshots are the steps you can take to access these performance reports once you’re logged into your account.
Account main page > click “Ad reports”
Click the “Report type” drop down menu to select the report you want to pull
As you can see, you’re able to toggle back and forth from Sponsored Products to Headline Search Ads, but as noted in the sections above, Sponsored Products decidedly has many more exclusive reporting capabilities than Headline Search Ads.
We hope this guide helps you pull the necessary data points for you or your advertiser to continue to be more and more successful with selling on Amazon. Like all advertisers, we are also hoping that there will be more reporting updates in the near future or us to share as Amazon continues to develop its arguably most important platform.
Need help setting up and managing your Amazon Ads PPC Campaign? Get in touch with us here.