If you have a BigCommerce store and you want to run Facebook Dynamic Ads, there are two things you’ll need to have in place in order to start:
- Your Facebook Pixel set up in BigCommerce with the required standard events for ecommerce
- A product feed to submit to Facebook
The way these ads work is:
- A user browses products on your site
- The Facebook Pixel tracks which products that user views or adds to his/her cart
- The pixel sends a product id for each product the user views which matches up with products in your feed
- You pull in the info from the feed and create ads reflecting the exact products people viewed or up-sells/cross-sells
While it may sound a bit complicated at first, BigCommerce actually makes it pretty easy to set up. Here’s how to create your Facebook Product Feed in BigCommerce:
- Log in to your BigCommerce Dashboard and navigate to Marketing > Google Shopping Feed on the left hand side of the screen.
- When the modal opens, select your country and then copy the XML file URL at the bottom of the box
- Take that URL and paste that into the Product Catalog Setup section of Facebook Business Manager. For more info on creating the catalog in business manager, check out our Dynamic Ads Part 2 post.
That’s it! From there you can set up your dynamic ads to pull info from your feed and be on your way to ultra-relevant-ad-stardom or even take it a step further with Dynamic Ads for Broad Audiences!
Oh and the best part? Your feed will update automatically so anytime you add new products they’ll be in your feed and in your ads.
Have any questions? Leave a comment below or contact us for help. We love talking about dynamic ads 🙂
Ready to get started? Check out our 4-Part Dynamic Ads Ultimate Guide starting with Part 1.