Magento is one of the longest-standing and most popular Ecommerce platforms out there, favored by more serious and large Ecommerce retailers for it’s rich feature set geared toward sites with large catalogs.
It also has a great 3rd party app marketplace that makes extending your site quick and easy.
If you manage a Magento site and you want to run Facebook Dynamic Ads, one of the first steps is to create a Facebook Product Feed.
Here’s how we do it for our Magento clients:
- Log in to your Magento Dashboard and identify whether your site is Magento 1 or Magento 2.
- Head over to the Magento Marketplace
- The product feed app we prefer is built by Apptrian
- Each app is $39.99 and you can have them install it for you for an extra $49.99 if you don’t have a qualified developer.
- Once you have the app installed, go back to your Magento Admin and navigate to System -> Configuration
- You should see a section called Apptrian Extensions on the left hand sidebar.
- Click “Facebook Catalog Product Feed” and double check the default configuration.
- If all looks good, click the orange Generate Product Feed button at the bottom of the page
- The URL of your product feed will be at the top of the page.
- Enter this in the Product Catalog Setup section of Facebook Business Manager. For more info on creating the catalog in business manager, check out our Dynamic Ads Part 2 post.
That’s it! From there you can set up your dynamic ads to pull info from your feed and be on your way to ultra-relevant-ad-stardom or even take it a step further with Dynamic Ads for Broad Audience
Have any questions? Leave a comment below or contact us for help. We love talking about dynamic ads 🙂
Ready to get started? Check out our 4-Part Dynamic Ads Ultimate Guide starting with Part 1.