So you have a Shopify site and you want to run Facebook Dynamic Ads?
Good plan! They tend to work very well 🙂
In order to set these up there are two things you need to have in place:
- Your Facebook Pixel set up in Shopify with the required standard events
- A product feed to submit to Facebook
The way these ads work at a high level is:
- A user browses products on your website
- Facebook tracks what products they view (via the pixel)
- The pixel sends a unique id for each product the user views which matches up with products in your feed
- You serve ads to this user with dynamic creative customized for each product the user viewed
While it may sound a bit complicated, you’re in luck because you’re using Shopify and they make it incredibly easy.
Here’s how to create your feed in 5 steps:
- Log in to your Shopify admin and go to Apps
- Click Visit App Store
- Search for Flexify and install the app called “Facebook Product Feed (by Flexify)”
- On the settings page, ensure that the feed is formatted for the Native Shopify Pixel Setting
- Copy the URL referenced at the top of the page and paste that into the Product Catalog Setup section of Facebook Business Manager. For more info on creating the catalog in business manager, check out our Dynamic Ads Part 2 post.
Thats it! From there you can set up your dynamic ads to pull info from your feed and be on your way to ultra-relevant-ad-stardom.
Oh and the best part? Your feed will update automatically so anytime you add new products they’ll be in your feed and in your ads.
Have any questions? Leave a comment below or contact us for help. We love talking about dynamic ads 🙂
Ready to get started? Check out our 4-Part Dynamic Ads Ultimate Guide starting with Part 1.