Are you looking to run Facebook Dynamic Ads from your WooCommerce store?
Then you came to the right place 🙂
There are two things you’ll need to have in place in order to start:
- Your Facebook Pixel set up in WooCommerce with the required standard events for ecommerce
- A product feed to submit to Facebook
Here’s a quick recap on how Facebook Dynamic Ads for ecommerce work:
- A user browses products on your website
- The Facebook Pixel automatically tracks the specific products that user views or adds to cart
- The pixel automatically sends a product id for each product the user views which matches up with products in the feed you’re about to create
- You pull in the info from the feed and create ads reflecting the exact products people viewed or up-sells/cross-sells…. all dynamically!
While it may sound a complex at first, WooCommerce makes it quite easy to set up if you know where to look. Here’s how we do it for our clients:
- Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard and click to Plugins > Add New in the left-hand sidebar.
- On the next page, search for PixelYourSite and then install the below plugin. (Note: we are not affiliated in any way with PixelYourSite, it’s just a solid plugin we’ve found to be reliable for our clients.)
- Once installed and activated, you should see a tab called Product Catalog on the left hand sidebar. Click that and then click the Add New Feed tab on the next screen.
- Give the feed a name, double check the field mappings, and then click the blue “Generate the Feed” button at the bottom of the page. It will then take you back to your main screen and voila your feed is created! Click the View button to get the XML URL.
- Take that URL and paste that into the Product Catalog Setup section of Facebook Business Manager. For more info on creating the catalog in business manager, check out our Dynamic Ads Part 2 post.
Thats it! From there you can set up your dynamic ads to pull info from your feed and be on your way to ultra-relevant-ad-stardom or even take it a step further with Dynamic Ads for Broad Audiences!
Oh and the best part? Your feed will update automatically so anytime you add new products they’ll be in your feed and in your ads.
Have any questions? Leave a comment below or contact us for help. We love talking about dynamic ads 🙂
Ready to get started? Check out our 4-Part Dynamic Ads Ultimate Guide starting with Part 1.