Ready to start advertising for your BigCommerce site on Facebook? Great! One of the first (and most important) steps to take is adding the Facebook Pixel to your site. The pixel is a snippet of code that tracks visitors on your site and the actions they take.
The three primary advertising features you enable when you add the Facebook Pixel are:
- Conversion Tracking – See how your ad is performing by seeing what actions website visitors took as a direct result of your ads
- Optimization – Automatically optimize your ad delivery toward people more likely to convert on your site
- Remarketing – Deliver highly targeted ads to people on Facebook after they leave your site without converting and get them to come back
Fortunately, BigCommerce has a direct integration with Facebook that makes adding your pixel so easy you’ll have it live within minutes even if you have no technical experience – no developer needed!
Follow these 4 steps and have it set up in under 5 minutes:
1. Log in to your BigCommerce Dashboard and click Advanced Settings > Web Analytics
2. In the Analytics Packages section check the Facebook Pixel box and click Save.
3. After the page refreshes, select the Facebook Pixel Tab next to General Settings.
4. Copy and paste your Facebook Pixel ID into the Pixel ID box and click Save.
Don’t know your Facebook Pixel ID? No problem, follow the steps below to find it:
- Log in to Facebook with the login that has access to your Facebook ad account
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/ads/manager/pixel/facebook_pixel/
- Ensure that the account shown in the top left is the correct account
4. Locate your Pixel ID on the right hand side of the page
5. Copy the Pixel ID and paste it into the BigCommerce dashboard settings.
BONUS: You can verify that your pixel is installed correctly and passing the correct data by using the handy Facebook Pixel Helper plugin. Download it here (Chrome only) and for any help using the plugin, Facebook’s documentation can be found here.
Curious if you see any errors or cons using the BigC option for the adding the FB pixel id?
I’d originally manually added FB pixel scripts in the template pages but recently refreshed a store and I’m trying to decide if I should just ad the pixel id through the BigC option or if I should manually add them again. Any Pros vs Cons?
Hi Bo – in general we try to always use the CMS integration because they generally update it to stay compliant whenever their code changes. That said, BigCommerce recently had an issue for 6+ months where the AddToCart event was not firing when using their built in integration so… It’s good to have development resources to manually add/edit the code if need be.
Comments are closed.