So you’ve got your Shopify site set up and you’re ready to start advertising on Facebook? Great! Adding the Facebook pixel to your Shopify site is one of the most important first steps to make before advertising on Facebook.
The pixel is a snippet of code that tracks visitors on your site and the actions they take. The three primary advertising features the pixel enables are:
- Conversion Tracking – See how your ad is performing by seeing what actions website visitors took as a direct result of your ads
- Optimization – Automatically optimize your ads toward people more likely to convert on your site
- Remarketing – Serve highly targeted ads to people on Facebook after they leave your site without converting and get them to come back
Fortunately, Shopify makes adding the Facebook pixel very easy!
Follow these steps and you’ll have it fully set up in under 5 minutes:
- Log in to your Shopify admin panel, click Online Store and then click Preferences
2. Locate the Facebook Pixel section
3. Copy your Facebook Pixel ID, paste in the box, then click Save. You’re all set!
Don’t know your Facebook Pixel ID? Here’s how to find it:
- Log in to Facebook with the login that has access to your Facebook ad account
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/events_manager/
- Ensure that the account shown in the top left is the correct account
4. Locate your Pixel ID under the corresponding pixel section of the page:
5. Copy the Pixel ID and paste it into your Shopify Admin settings
BONUS: You can verify that your pixel is installed correctly and passing the correct data by using the handy Facebook Pixel Helper plugin. Download it here (Chrome only) and for any help using the plugin, Facebook’s documentation can be found here.